Friday, October 21, 2005

Just your average MFR session

Would this be a real blog without some real- life experiences to spill? Certainly not. Last night's MFR session - mine - is worth blogging about.

Started off in a very civilised fashion, I just knew I wanted unwinding, so sat on the side of the table in the usual way. Went into unwinding immediately, drifting half in and half out of full consciousness. Ended up, don't know how (that's the nature of MFR) lying face down, still on the table (comfy!) and Rachel 'being drawn into' my paraspinal fascia, ribs, around T6. When R gets drawn into somewhere, it usually means quite a deep encounter. To all intents and purposes it should be at least a little painful, but with MFR discomfort seems to be secondary if the therapist is on the right spot. I don't know how long she was there, but I remember saying 'don't stop' (the stupid things one says during MFR: as if she would)! And Rachie saying 'I don't have much choice'. Now that is siginificant, because it means that she was committed to going where my body took her, even if it felt as if my ribs were coming apart. And then I said 'I think my ribs are coming apart'. And, hey presto, when I investigated after the session, it was true, they had come apart, only I didn't know they needed to. the structural outcome of this is that my spine now feels straight - it was straight before, wasn't it? - not as straight as it is now.

And then... time goes by in weird and wonderful installments in MFR, then I was on my back and Rache was drawing circles on my hand and I was feeling the circles on my other hand...

Thenner still, I was floating through space, tumbling, flying, and my body was trying to keep up and I was doing rolly polly things, like swimming through thick, dark, beautiful... not air... something. It feels like floating inbetween the particles of an atom;

And even more then, I have no idea where Rachel was, or where I was on the table - at least I think I was still on the table, unless I went off and Rachie got me back on again and didn't tell me - she was doing something on the front of my ribs and in the diaphragm area and I suddenly had a very dark, black, velvety roll running the length of my spine and up to the top of my head, and in this roll were... er... things, coloured, like deep rich red rubies and jewels, but not hard or physical... running out of words here... and a silver line running up the centre of the entire black velvety roll.

There. Another day's unwinding.

Got home and was shaking through from the inside, but not an unpleasant feeling. Found that I couldn't stop crying, either, but again, no sorry or grieving or sadness, more like release. Odd. (I've stopped now). My spine is still longer and looser, and I have this dark, dark core which is very light, i.e. I can see perfectly in it, even though it is nigh-on black, with the silver thread. Make of that what you will.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Have you heard of Kundalini?
Some call that the awakening and say it involves conscious communication with your aura, as your auric entity, as a giant snake/dragon that inhabits the spine and manifest its head some way above your own.
Might sound cuckoo, but even cuckoo is based on something.
Enjoy your new perception!

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger Cheryl said...

Hi Anne!
Linked to you the other day, but ultimately chose your business web page, not this.
Are you in the UK at the moment?
Just seen your yahoo group. Off to investigate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home